Tuesday 29 July 2014

Quilting Bee!

Im guessing a fair few people will land on this blog after following me on Instagram (@_norahgeorge and my personal account @_tracyarnold) so you'll know that I'm starting a Quilting Bee in September!



In it's simplest form, a Quilting Bee is a collection of quilters (beginners, intermediates and advanced) who each month make the same block out of their own fabrics according to a colour theme set by one member - The Queen Bee! Once the block is made, they send them over to The Queen Bee who gets to assemble the blocks, finish the quilt and love it forever. You keep going each month until each Bee has their own quilt. Simple, huh?!

After finding my love of quilting less than a year ago, and realising how important crafting in general is to my sanity, I wanted to spread the quilty love as much as possible. Hence the Quilting Bee!

As I said, we will start of 1 September and still have spaces available. There are varying sewing skill levels in our Bee, so we're keeping blocks simple, but beautiful through our fabric choices.




Throughout August I will be posting regular pieces on quilting basics that I have learnt as I went along, from classes I took, blogs and books. I'll run a small quilting project so that each Bee can make a little something to keep before we start proper. I'll also be making some tutorials to post on YouTube. I'll keep you updated on those! Look out for the first post this Friday!

If you'd like to get involved, email me at hello@norahgeorge.com

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment